Sunday, February 13, 2011

...you know he's "G-A-Y," right?

     Since we missed two days last week because of snow, we all had to come in this Saturday.  At the end of 4th period, as students were getting ready to leave, one of them (we'll call him TJ) came over to my desk where I was sitting.  TJ is one of my lower-performing students and he has had a hard time understanding the material since class has started.  We had just finished taking a test, so I asked TJ how he thought he did.  We talked about the test for a few minutes and then the conversation progressed into small talk.

     Somehow we began talking about where I was from.  I told him I was from the Charlotte area and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Have you ever been to the Speedway there?"  I told him that I had and then he asked if I watched NASCAR (those of you who know me are probably laughing hysterically right now).  I, of course, said "no."  I also added that I don't even know much about it.  He then asked who my favorite driver was.  The only name that came to mind was Jeff Gordon, so that is what I went with.

     His response was interesting.  He began with, "Oh... well I can't really say how I think of him.  It wouldn't be nice, but... you know he's 'G-A-Y,' right?"

     Can't wait to hear your responses on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment